Weird Firefox menu bar freeze bug...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 2.8 GHZ, 500 GB 7200rpm, 4 GB DDR3, OSX 10.6.8, Bootcamp & XP SP2
i'm pretty sure the bug is with firefox, but not sure...

when im browsing away, the menu bar (file, edit, view, history, bookmarks etc) (seemingly randomly) decides to die. (i can still access bookmarks from the rss bar...)

if i switch to another app, such as ardour, word, itunes or finder, the menu switches to that app and functions normally, switching back to firefox displays all the firefox specific menu bar stuff, but none of it is clickable, not even the apple. the clock works as normal tho...

the only thing that seems to cure this is to open a new firefox window, and close it again, going back to the original window. it just seems so weird...

FFox: V6.0.1, installed plugins (all up to date):
status-4-evar, greasemonkey, noscript, adblockplus, PDF crowd generator, quicktime, adobe flash, VLC media, expressive, harry potter deathly hallows part 2, rainbow wonderz, divx, google earth, unity player, iphoto, java, colorful tabs, flagfox, flash killer, load control, view cookies, abduction.

MOSX: V10.6.8, 4GB mem, 2.8GHz

anyone else had this problem?

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I was able to quit Firefox only by right-clicking the icon on the bottom tray.

Reaction score
Me too: Mac menu bar not working - or Firefox half of it at least...

Everything from the Apple menu across to Help is dead but everything to the right of that works fine ... weird indeed and I can't find anything on Google to shed any light on it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you're situation is anything like the OPs, you have quite a few extensions installed. I'd suggest disabling all of them to determine if it's an extension causing the issue. Which extension do you have installed?

Reaction score
thanks for your reply, be happy to try disabling extensions but how if i cant access prefs from Firefox menu?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Push Shift-Command-A. That should open up the Add-Ons tab.

Reaction score
Thanks vs, turned them all off, restarted FF and the menubar worked! Then tried turning them all back on one by one and restarting ff each time to pinpoint problem but menu bar just kept working. Still at least I know what to do if it happens again. Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.