Connect MacBook to TV

Reaction score
Hello

Currently trying to connect a MacBook to a Sanyo CE28WN5-B television, using: an Apple Mini DVI to video adaptor, connected to a yellow ended RCA video lead, which is connected in turn to the yellow video input in the television.

Macbook is not detecting the display, have tried all the AV channels, tinkering with the screen resolution settings in the Displays control panel on the MacBook, but no joy.

The Mini DVI Video port on the mac is ok as I connected it to an external monitor and it was fine. Just can't get it to work with the TV. All suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Sorry, but if you have an early '09 model or newer - the Apple "video adapter" will not work on your Mac. You will need a converter in order to get an analog composite or S-Video output.

You can have a read through here - posts # 7 & 15.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.