Sharing & Permission

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just cloned all my data from a Mac to another Mac. I've noticed that a lot of files are locked in the new Mac, and although I have no problem unlocking them (since I'm the admin), it's tedious and somehow annoying to have to unlock the files for every first time I'm opening the files.

Is there a way to apply the unlock for all files in the Mac at once? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Try selecting the Mac HD Drive in Finder, then Option Click (or Right Click) there will be an Menu option named "Get Info". At the bottom of this window is a section called "Sharing and Permissions". Change the Settings to whatever you want and because you are working at the "top level" of the Hard Drive, any changes should be made to all items.

BE CAREFUL
That you know what you are doing, as you have the potential to compromise all the Security around your Account, and any other Accounts on that machine.

DavidH

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved. Does not belong in "Running Windows.........."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.