MacFreelance help with invoice templates

Reaction score
Hi.

I am having issues with the template style system for MacFreelance, I have been fiddling and understand the HTML used but it seems to be very temperamental and I edit one thing and the whole bottom section of the template disappears.

Does anyone know any secrets to edit the templates or anywhere on the web were you can source more templates that are a bit more visually pleasing?

I love the practical side of this software just find it hard to use the templates. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks K

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved here to the OS X - Apps and Games forum. Does not belong in OS X operating system.

Reaction score
Hi.

I am having issues with the template style system for MacFreelance, I have been fiddling and understand the HTML used but it seems to be very temperamental and I edit one thing and the whole bottom section of the template disappears.

Does anyone know any secrets to edit the templates or anywhere on the web were you can source more templates that are a bit more visually pleasing?

I love the practical side of this software just find it hard to use the templates. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks K

I couldn't agree more, mint! Actually, I've had issues with MacFreelance in the past, but I found workarounds rather than wasting even more time, effort and money trying to find something better. They sure do make invoice customization as complicated as it could POSSIBLY be, though! It's rather odd the way invoicing and "reporting" (i.e. invoice style) are two separate preference tabs, but beyond changing those I haven't yet figured out how to edit the included templates. I, too, would love to know where to find additional templates and how to install them (or into which folder to copy them) so they're accessible from within MF.

Any ideas out there? Or barring that, does anyone HIGHLY recommend a better program for tracking time/managing/invoicing for freelance projects? I'm a graphic designer, and the whole point of using this software is to save time and streamline my tracking/billing process so I can focus on the actual work. Yet I'm left with no choice when the alternative is to send, at best, poorly designed and aesthetically unattractive invoices to clients who pay me for, you know, good design lol!

I'm hoping this thread doesn't go two more years before the next comment, and that that comment will be something other than an explanation of where/why the thread was moved :D

Thanks for anyone who takes the time respond!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.