Macbook Pro Display Issue

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro 15" that was purchased in November of 07. It does have the nvidia 8600m GT graphics card.

Recently, I have been having some issues with my display. At first, I started to just have a distored view. It would be very blurry and fuzzy and then would turn back to normal. It has gotten more and more frequent in the past month and this past weekend, I couldnt get the blurriness to go away and the screen is tinted green.
In addition to this, the screen has completely frozen on me(had weird lines and display although the computer was still running) and one time it booted with a black screen, however everything was running(volume buttons, etc. worked)
When I plug the computer into an external display, everything seems to be fine. Its just that the laptops monitor is completely blurry and tinted green. Is this a graphics card/logic board issue or a monitor issue?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
B
Reaction score
OP
B
Reaction score
Also, I took a screenshot and opened it on another computer. It came out looking fine which leads me to think that it is the monitor and not the logic board/graphics card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.