Overcrowded Dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
My dock is beginning to fill up rapidly and wanted to know if i can shrink just the icons in certain packages like office or creative suite. Ive seen a few print screens from members of mac forum who have done this. Anyone know how to do this. I still want to keep the most used icons like safari, itunes the original size.

S

sursuciofla

randomfactor said:
My dock is beginning to fill up rapidly and wanted to know if i can shrink just the icons in certain packages like office or creative suite. Ive seen a few print screens from members of mac forum who have done this. Anyone know how to do this. I still want to keep the most used icons like safari, itunes the original size.

I don't think that is possible. I would like to know this though if it is possible. If it is getting too big though, my suggestion is to shrink it to smallest and the turn up magnification.

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cheers will do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
sursuciofla said:
I don't think that is possible. I would like to know this though if it is possible. If it is getting too big though, my suggestion is to shrink it to smallest and the turn up magnification.

i agree. i would also look at the icons and determine which ones you dont use that much and take them out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
this is how i solve the problem.
it's a little application called menustrip and you can even add a small itunes add-on. however, there's a price to pay.
http://www.macpoweruser.com/

desktop.jpg

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-chouk

Cheers for that but i'll stick with the magnification for now, but where did you get that wall paper from its looks great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
from deviantart.com.
go and have a look.

T

The Ade

Heres a solution that may be helpful:

Make a new folder somewhere and complile an alias of each the apps you use least inside of it. Add this folder to the dock, when you control + click on the folder, you will have a list of all the compiled programs, so you can still access them quickly!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.