My Mouse & Trackpad need HELP!

Reaction score
Okay here's the situation...My mouse & trackpad have gotten so sensitive, I barely pass my cursor over an item and it opens or moves, etc. I am having the highlight & deleting of what I am typing, to jumping up into a middle of a word. Yes, I have heard that I am touching my trackpad. It is not it, it seems where my wrists sit on the edge is activating my trackpad/mouse, IE: the highlighting and such.

Is there anyway to stop this from happening? When I didn't know it was the sides of my laptop (macbook, black, unfortunately still Tiger) I tried to slow the speeds, pretty much everything in that area.

Any help would be much appreciated, should I just break down and get an external mouse? Would turning of the trackpad even help? Afraid to try that without a mouse near by, cause knowing me I wouldn't be able to get back in and turn it on.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Do you have Tap to click enabled? If so go to:

System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Under Trackpad Gestures uncheck "Clicking"

Also under Trackpad Options make sure "Ignore Accidental Trackpad Input" is checked.

Hope this helps. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.