• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Suprise suprise my XBOX crashed today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I was playing Grand Theft Auto and i hit a tree all of a sudden everything locked up and there is this Buzzing sound coming from the speakers. And every 30 seconds or so the tries to spin up the CD. A restart fixed the problem, just thought I would give you guys another reason to laugh at Microsoft

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
those guys will never learn,
how is vista in terms stability
any body used it yet

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
mynameis said:
but that game is made by Rockstar...
yes but....

Rockstar = Good
Microsoft = Very Bad

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I know Ben is joking around and taking a few pot shots at billy, but all I can say is I have played GTA3 on the PC and never had it once crash. Not once and I have played the heck out of it too! So the programing by Rockstar can't be that bad.

But seriously, Bens post is all in fun.

M

MartinAustin

Down with R*, down with Gates ... etc, etc.

To the New Guy - Vista runs very sluggish at the moment. I'm sure it has to do with all the graphical embellishments they are adding. But this could be because it is in Beta right now, so stay tuned. But beware, if they get over the graphics slowdown hump, it's going to be one of the most useful operating systems available.

BTW, my specs are AMD Athlon 3200+, 1GB PC3200 OCZ RAM, Sata HDD and a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
hey, when playing halo 2 online my xbox freezes way to constantly cutting us off from xbox live. it gets annoying.

M

mh10190

The GTA disc is very sensitive
it freezes on the PS2 also
i got every GTA since III
and they all end up broken

btw
a friend of mine is using vista beta 1
he says its the buggiest beta he ever tried from MS

M

MartinAustin

Other than graphical slowdowns, I didn't notice any bugs at all. There are certain aspects that are purposefully left out of each beta, such as system files not showing up in searches, etc. Nothing I can see as a bug.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
MartinAustin said:
But beware, if they get over the graphics slowdown hump, it's going to be one of the most useful operating systems available.

(Yes, I know this is not representative of your actual opinion, MartinAustin, in advance, given of course that you yourself have a PC and are willingly testing Vista).

But, beware? Are we FOR Apple, or AGAINST MS? One man's ability is no threat to another's. I want the best operating system I can get. Let MS and Apple both work at full force, and may both of them produce the best they possibly can. We'll decide what's best for each of us and use it. I'm so sick of this 'down with Microsoft, let's conform to the idea of nonconformity' mentality. I don't use Mac OS X because too many people use Windows. I use it because it's good. I use it because I like using it. I bought my iBook because I thought that it had value in and of itself, not because it was the negation of an "evil" that is Windows. I don't think Microsoft is evil, but even if I did, using a Macintosh simply because it's not a PC is no reason to use it at all. Any time you settle for anything, you acknowledge that you are either unable or unwilling to fix your problems for yourself. This is the mentality that creates people who spout anti-Microsoft propaganda without proof, and secretly hope that the next Windows OS will fail, so they will continue to be one step ahead of the game without having to THINK about which system is better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.