Jar files/Java problem?

Reaction score
Apologies if this is the wrong section. Feel free to move if this is more appropriate somewhere else.

Anyway, i own a macbook with two separate users, the main (default) one for work and my second for anything else. On my main account any java/.jar applications can be run perfectly fine, however if i try to run any on the secondary account i receive a simple error telling me to check the console log. The console log prints a bunch of unfound class errors (depending on the program i'm trying to run). I can run the same exact programs/launchers on the default user account without any problems.

I'm no mac (or java for that matter) expert, so i'm kind of confused as to why this happens. I've re-installed & updated java multiple times. I've searched but couldn't find any answers.

Hopefully this made sense?

Mike

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Does the second account happen to be a standard account? Is it possible for you to paste the error?

OP
M
Reaction score
Secondary account has full administrator permissions.

As for the error, it is simply a bunch of NoClassDefFoundError errors, all pointing to standard java classes (java.lang, java.util), which just seems vague and leaves me with no real idea of what's wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.