How Do I Stop Lion from Re-opening Old Windows?

Reaction score
Installed Lion on my MacBook and don't like the fact that every time I sign on the computer reopens all of the windows and documents I had open the last time I was on my computer. It's incredibly time-consuming because I have to shut all those down (even if I closed them before I shut down my computer.) I've got to believe that there's some way to instruct the computer not to do this. I unchecked the box on the Safari prompt but that did nothing. In fact, every subsequent time it comes up, the box is still checked.

I suspect the answer is a really simple one. Unfortunately, I'm a simpleton when it comes to this stuff. Hoping someone can help.

Best,

FD

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Look at Screen Shot. System Preferences, General. Uncheck Restore Windows when quitting.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-10 at 5.23.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-10 at 5.23.32 PM.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 49

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.