Urgent, help, please, the mystery of the lost space

Reaction score
So. I messed up. I was well on my way to partitioning my mac to get windows on it so I can play certain video games with my comrades, and i blotched it. I had it set to give me a 120 GB partition for Windows, but I realized I missed deleting something, so maybe one minute into the partition I quit the Boot Camp assistant *Smack on back of head*. So now, I look at my space and I have 11 GB available.. I just cleared 123 GB. So I go to disk utility to try and repair it and it says I need to start with my start up disk. Here is the catch. I have no idea where my Snow Leopard disk is. I tried starting Boot camp assistant again but it says I need at least 10 free GB which means at least something like 20 I believe to leave room for the Mac. The resources I have is an old boot disk for Mac OSX. I need a solution. I'm losing my mind and I'm frightened beyond belief. Haha, not really, but I don't want to resort to tearing apart my house to find the disk or spending more money on a new one.

Any one, please. I need your help Obi Wan.

OP
J
Reaction score
Oh sweet jesus, that old boot disk fixed it. Thanks for reading if you did. Yea Thank you Disk utility!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.