Wallpaper doesn't actually change "every day". Any fix available?

Reaction score
Hello,

I've seen this problem posted elsewhere on the web (perhaps even in this forum, I can't remember), but I can't seem to find a solution.

I'm running OS X Leopard (version 10.5.8) on a MacBook Pro. I recently tried to set it so that my desktop wallpaper would change "every day" (and I also chose "random order"). However, after more than a day of waiting, the wallpaper never changed. After searching around the web about this problem, someone pointed out that the rate at which the wallpaper changes is NOT based on real time, rather it seems to be based on the computer's awake time. In other words, if I put my laptop to sleep, it seems to not count the time that passes while it's sleeping, rather it only counts the time when it's awake. I've tested this myself with the "every hour" setting, and from what I witnessed, it seems to be true. So, I assume the same thing is probably happening with the "every day" setting, but I suppose I could be wrong.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fix it (perhaps by tinkering with some commands in the terminal) so that the wallpaper will truly change "every day"? And is this problem unique to my version of OS X? Hopefully not, because I don't intend on updating my version any time soon.

Any information/advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.