Unstable Lion

Reaction score
Since installing Lion, my Mac Pro has been forcing me to shut down at least once a week. Anyone have any clues?
All apps.

Shuts down the whole machine even if I am in the middle of anything no matter what it is. Screen goes dark gray and the black translucent with white lettering comes with the warning that I must shut the machine down by holding the button down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Need more info ,certain apps or all apps ?

OP
D
Reaction score
Since installing Lion, my Mac Pro has been forcing me to shut down at least once week.
All apps.

Shuts down the whole machine even if I am in the middle of anything no matter what it is. Screen goes dark gray and the black translucent with white lettering comes with the warning that I must shut the machine down by holding the button down.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's a kernel panic. The next time it happens, copy the panic log to the clipboard and then post it in its entirety here. We'll take a look at it and see if we can find out what's going on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And most KPs are hardware related and often related to faulty memory. That is why the log is vital.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.