Ipod touch Syncing: manual vs automatic

Reaction score
Recent purchaser of a Ipod touch. I had a choice when i set my Ipod up of having it automatically sync or to do it manually. I have always disliked programs that launch automatically when you are doing something else so I selected manual.

Tried my first couple of syncs recently. When I did a database software, Handbase, it seemed to work. I then wanted to add some photos to my Ipod, so I selected the files, a folder, via Itunes -- Photos.

The first download (or sync) worked. Then I wanted to add some more photos so I selected a new folder and it seemed to replace the first file.

So what happened. HERE is the important part. The database I want to be able to update weekly and not overwrite prior files.

FYI: I work on Macs.

Any help appreciated,

D300

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

The first download (or sync) worked. Then I wanted to add some more photos so I selected a new folder and it seemed to replace the first file.

When you went in and checked the new folder, you didn't uncheck the other ones did you? If you did, you told it to remove those pictures.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.