Powerpoint 2011 for Mac Problem

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm currently setting up a few Macbook Pro's for my university, and PowerPoint is being really tricky. I'm trying to set Powerpoint to automatically choose "Presented by Individual" instead of "Presented by Speaker".

Right now, every time I restart the program it defaults back to Speaker, and I want it to default to Individual. I have to go back to set up the show as Individual every time I restart the program.

Any help or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Office 2011 Powerpoint:

Did you go to the "Slideshow" menu at the top and select "setup slide show"?

From the "setup slide show" dialog choose under "Show Type", "Browse by an Individual". That should remain in effect every time you open that particular presentation. There is no option for selecting "Presented by an Individual".

You have to select either "Browse by an Individual" or "Presented by a Speaker". What's wrong with choosing "Presented by a Speaker"?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.