iPod touch 2G - and TuneIn radio

Reaction score
So I need some ground truthing to see if I've got this project figured correctly.

Long story short, I am likely going to cancel XM Radio becuase they dropped my favorite channel.

My favorite show (Chris Moyles on BBC Radio1) is on TuneIn radio.

Here's what I plan on doing...please let me know if I am missing anything.

I plan to get TuneIn Radio Pro app (TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations) to record the show. (their drivetime show is 5 hours before my drive time) From everything I've read about that app, this is pretty easy.

I also planned on getting the WiFi Sync (Wi-Fi Sync for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad) for my iPod touch 2g.

I would have my car packed in the front of my townhouse at night within range of my router.

My hope would be that the iPod would see the new podcast once its downloaded via TuneIn and wirelessly download it. Would the settings of the iPod make any difference? Would the iPod constantly connecting to the WiFi burn the battery? If so anyone have any ideas on how fast?

Ideally it would be best if there was an app that I could use to power down and power up my iPod at 6 am and sync when it powers up, but I am unaware of an app to do that. Please steer me towards one if I'm wrong.

As an aside, I'll be charging the iPod daily vie the cigarette lighter on my 1 hour each way commute.

Any thoughts? Anything I am missing here? I know obviously I could just do power up in the house every morning and take the iPod to the car, but dragging in and out of the house would be a hassle on the hectic mornings.

Thanks
Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.