iTunes creates playlist for every album added to Library

Reaction score
As the title of this thread suggests, every time i want to add anything to iTunes library a playlist is created of that album.

This shouldn't be a big problem but I have several albums not in the library in my Music folder that I want to add but don't know how to find them individually and so I want to add the whole folder, which is about 290 gb. iTunes wants to create a playlist for every single album, not only the new ones.

How do I stop it from doing this?

Stevozz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
How are you adding them?

A folder of MP3 files? from CD, Buying on itunes?

If it's by folder, is there an m3u file in there? If so, delete it so that it's purely mp3s

OP
S
Reaction score
dragging and dropping them from finder to the library it is a folder of mp3 files, deleting the m3u files is even more of a chew on, cant i just change it so it doesn't make the playlists?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
So you're dropping the entire folder on iTunes? Maybe that's what's causing the playlist. What about opening the folder, selecting all contents, and dragging them directly into iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's not creating the playlists . . . the m3u files ARE the playlists. You drop them into iTunes and you'll see playlists, simple as that.

Don't add them to iTunes - no playlist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.