• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Help with Downloading Windows Media Player

Reaction score
Hi All,

I downloaded the Windows Media Player.sitx file for Mac. When I double click it, nothing happens. Am I supposed to put it somewhere? When I try to play Windows Media files, it says that the Windows Media player is not installed.

Thanks,

Jay

S

sursuciofla

iWhat how many rep points do you have so far? You are the only one I have seen besides the mods with more than one green dot.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
sursuciofla said:
iWhat how many rep points do you have so far? You are the only one I have seen besides the mods with more than one green dot.

I have the number tattooed Fallooza's butt, if you want to look. Well, at the 100 rep points, you get a second rep icon thingy, then once you get 200 reps, I assume you get a third rep icon.

S

sursuciofla

I don't understand this but look what it told me..........

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to iWhat again.

Hehe, that's crazy. I'm not a Gigolo.

F

Fallooza

iWhat said:
I have the number tattooed on Fallooza's butt, if you want to look. Well, at the 100 rep points, you get a second rep icon thingy, then once you get 200 reps, I assume you get a third rep icon.

ya it sucks he has it changed evertime he gets anouther one. I tryed ta tell him we could get be with just updating once a month. But he demands we change it after everyone.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah, it worked!

Thanks, man. It worked. I am a recent convert from PeeCee and I forget these things sometimes.

I guess I should have stayed with Mac (started computers on an original 512K). My dad has been Mac the whole time. unfortunately I was in the "business world" and strayed for some years. I am back though.

Guess that makes me a Born-Again Mac User. Hallelujah! LOL

Thanks again for your help.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Yeah, that's just a measure to help spread the "love" among other members here on the boards, before you give a rep to the member that you just give one to.

S

sursuciofla

Yeah you may have been the last person to help me. I don't remember it though, I just have been answering questions lately. So now I guess I will start giving for good questions. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.