2 Questions

Reaction score
Hello.

1- I got this minidisplayport to hdmi converter for my Macbook Pro 2011. But I cannot seem to find the best option to send video/audio to my Samsung LCD tv. In my old PC I could do that without a hiccup and it would find the best solution on it's own.

Now picture seems somehow low profile. Like a 3rd quality DVDScreener downloaded from internet when the movie is still in theatres.

What am I doing wrong? Here's screenshot to display options:

2- And, I just realized that when there's this minidisplay port to hdmi adapter is attached to mbp even without an hdmi cable connecting it to a device, doing even small tasks that require cpu power like cmd quitting an aplication like itunes or firefox, makes my mouse curser hiccup. almost just for a 0,3 second. But its obviously there.

Anyone had this problem or is it about a low quality hdmi adapter?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Turn off mirroring and then select 1080p for the TV.

OP
R
Reaction score
Turn off mirroring and then select 1080p for the TV.

I did. And now the tv screen just only shows the that default purple universe wallpaper. Here it is:

qnoiyw.jpg

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You are now in extended desktop mode. You now have two independent desktops.

Move your cursor over to that screen, set the desktop background to whatever you like, move apps to that screen, etc.

You can also head back into Display - Appearance - and set that screen as the primary monitor - drag and drop that white bar you see in one of the monitors to the other one - this will move the menu bar and the dock to that screen when it is attached.

You can also move those two monitors around and place them in the order you want them - this will change which edge of the screen your cursor uses to move between them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.