Macbook to TV - Full Screen Not Shown

Reaction score
To all:

Good morning. I have a friend who is trying to connect her Macbook to her TV but unfortunately, it is not showing a full screen on TV side. Below are the hardware and software details:

Macbook with OSX 10.6.7

Sanyo 26" 720p

Any suggestions to why the full screen is showing on the TV side.

Thanks

Babylon5

Reaction score
What i did with my 32" Bravia is I had a blank screen show up on my TV but there were no windows showing or anything, is this your problem?

Also you need a MINI Display Port HDMI Female adapter, and that hooked up to an HDMI cable plugged in to your TV.

If it is the problem I stated above and you have it on the proper HDMI channel, you have to configure it. Go to

System Preferences > Display > Detect Displays

That will detect your Sony TV, afterwards go to the arrangements tab and check the box that says "Mirror Displays".

OP
babylon5
Reaction score
@ frankethetanke and bobtomay - thank you for replying back to my question. My friend was able to get an image from the Macbook to the TV; but it is not filling up the entire screen on her TV. Do you have any idea what may be causing this issue.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.