Problems running Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Mac Pro OS X 10.6.8

I just recently bought Windows 7 Home Premium and ran Bootcamp Assistant. When I press download windows support, it starts to load then says Windows Support is not available. I read online and said I needed to upgrade my Bootcamp. I originally have the 3.0 version. I then went on the apple website and clicked download for the 3.1. because it said it had the windows support. It finished downloading but it only gave me a text file for the bootcamp, it didnt actually download the upgrade. Can someone give me some information on how to go about getting my bootcamp to work and installing the Windows 7?
Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you're running Snow Leopard you do not need to download anything.

Need to realize their are 2 different BootCamps. One is the BC Assistant that you use to create the partition for Windows. If you are at 10.6.8, there is no further update for it.

Second is BootCamp the driver package that is installed in Windows. After you install Win 7, insert your 10.6 disc to install the BC drivers. That is version 3.0 more than likely. You will then upgrade that to the 3.1 version - from inside Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.