Scanner doe not work in Photoshop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I am running OS X Lion on my new iMac. My old Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner will not scan into Adobe Photoshop CS5. There is no Twain option. However, I can scan through the System Preferences.

Am I supposed to download an Twain file from Adobe for Photoshop CS5 to scan? If so, where do I put that Twain plug in?

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
no solution/same problem

I operate on Lion and have bought Photoshop CS5.1.
I have loved my Epson 1640SU scanner and am so fed up that it doesn't operate with Lion or with Photoshop.
I have read I should give up hoping to operate it from within Photoshop.
SOmeone said it could be done through PREVIEW a part of the Mac system.
I have no idea where to find preview.

My main concern is that when I operate Epson on its own, it comes up completely different ( like a VERY retarded version of its old self). ANd when it says SAVE there is no indication of where it is saving to (nor does it give me the option to save it to a place of my choice), so even if I would want to pull up the SAVE in photoshop, I can't find it.

It seems ridiculous that two new systems ( Lion and Photoshop CS5) have screwed up Epson. Or has Epson screwed itself up? Very confused and frustrated.

Reaction score
tried. still problem

THanks for pointing me to this site. It gets quite confusing to read I found!

I did what you suggested ( I have photoshop 12.1x64, the latest version).

they say 'update to 12.0.2 ( I think, need to go back to that window) and I wonder if it only works with that.

when i tried said it was not compatible.

I also tried launching PREVIEW from LAunchpad as was suggested elsewhere

and this worked for scanning, but then I didn't know how to save or where to save. And once I was on photoshop couldn't see a way to find preview in that system.

mmmmmmmmm elivia

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.