Update automator?!

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I've deleted my Automator some time ago, and now I need it.
I managed to reinstall it from the OS X Install DVD, but it says that the version is not compatible with my current version of Mac OSX...
I'm on Snow Leopard, 10.6.8, and the Automator version on the DVD was 2.0

Any chances I can update the automator without having to go through all system reinstall and update?!

Thanks in advance!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Give Pacifist a try. It should allow you to look inside the OS X installer package and install just Automator. It may take some digging to find the Automator file to install. I don't have the disc in front of me to check the exact location.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If automator was updated during a software update, you could try installing the 10.6.8 combo update.

OP
M
Reaction score
Give Pacifist a try. It should allow you to look inside the OS X installer package and install just Automator.

I installed Pacifist and managed to find the install package of automator, but that was the problem. The version of Automator that was on the DVD was the 2.0 that is not compatible with Snow Leopard...:'(

I'm gonna try the update pack though. Thanks! ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.