Just got 14" iBook + iPod question

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a 12" I am selling to my uncle since his iMac is useless for surfing anymore.

I was going to buy a PowerBook, but I decided that a little bit faster processor and a little bit nicer screen isn't worth the difference in price.

I am loading everything on it and am satisfired that I got the iBook. The screen seems HUGE. I am gettingmore RAM put in next week so that will make a difference too.

I dohave one question. While I am migrating some files over to my 14", I plugged in my iPod and it won't let me put my iTunes library on it. Do I have to deauthorize my 12" and then it will let me put it on my 14"?

Please help.

Thanks!

Jay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You can authorize up to five computers for ITMS purchases. You wouldn't really need to deauthorize the old one, thought it still might not be a bad idea.
All you really need to do is authorize your new computer and you are good to go.

OP
T
Reaction score
Still Having Problem with iTunes and iPod

Thanks for the advice. When I plug my iPod into my new iBook, all the iPod music is grayed out. When I click on library, none of my music from my iPod is on there. I can't even play the music from my iPod in iTunes. it is like it knows it's there, but won't recognize/accept it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

T

The Fly

Just a shot in the dark since I'm not an iTunes expert, but is something (iTunes possibly) set to automatically sync your iPod with the Library when you plug the iPod in? If so, it may be that since your new computer has no Library, the tunes on your iPod arent' showing up (because it's syncing with the empty Library on your iBook). Then again, I always thought auto-sync would delete the tunes from your iPod, so I could be completely off base here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
turning off the auto-sync allows you to drag and drop music to your ipod via itunes without having to use the playlist and then sync the ipod. it should not hurt your ipod.

Reaction score
You should probably get Senutri (sp?) for loading your music onto your new computer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.