Problem with Garageband 6.0.4 running on 10.7.1

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new to the Mac forums and I'm hoping that one of you will be able to help me out. I recently deleted some plug-ins off of my computer (more specifically, some Native Instruments plug-ins) that I no longer wish to use. I am a relatively new Mac user, and was under the impression that uninstalling in OSX consisted of simply throwing the application in the trash, which is what I did with the Native Instruments stuff. Now, however, when I attempt to open Garageband, it says that it wants to scan my installed Audio Units plug-ins. Presumably, this wouldn't be a bad thing, but it's still looking for all the Native Instrument plugins. Which wouldn't be a big deal, except for the fact the application won't start unless I specify the directory in which the component files are contained. But those don't exist anymore...

Essentially, I need to know how to persuade Garageband to either stop looking for those plug-ins, or a way to bypass the scan. Preferably the former.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

OP
J
Reaction score
Just a bump. Hopefully someone will know how to solve this issue.
Is this post in the wrong section?

OP
J
Reaction score
Okay, last bump. If no one replies this time, I'll start looking elsewhere. Even if you're not sure quite how to fix the problem, I'd appreciate any advice on where to look.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.