Late 2007 MBP Screen Issues

Reaction score
Hi all, I am having a problem with my Late 2007 C2D MBP. The screen will sometimes randomly mess up or if the laptop is moved from a horizontal position, the best i can describe it is it kinda freezes and then kinda eventually goes to a grey, the computer is fine...just the display...To fix it, i move the monitor up and down a little or tap the back of the monitor (mostly close the the bottom) and it will return to normal. I dont think it a logic board failure as Apple fixed that in ~late 09 early 10 i think..seems to be maybe a lose wire? Any thought or help is very much appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like a pinched or loose video cable from the logic board to the display itself. Most cables that go from the logic board to the display snake up through the hinge area. After long usage that puts stress on them. You'll need some instructions and a step by step procedure to get at most of the cables. You'll probably have to disassemble the top case. Go to iFixit: The free repair manual.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.