Macbook pro won't turn on. Plugged in, battery won't charge. Help?

Reaction score
Hello. I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch from 2009.

Today I left my house when my Mac was on a low charge and forgot to plug it in. The battery drained and the computer turned off.

About 3 hours later, I came home to find the computer off, and plugged the charger in. The light on the charger DID NOT turn from green to orange. It stayed green. It has been like that for about 30 minutes now. The computer will NOT turn on when I press the power button.

The battery indicator light thing (whatever it's called) on the side is only flashing one green light when I press the button so I know the battery needs to be charged (obviously).

I haven't seemed to have a problem charging my Macbook before. What should I do?
:'(
I will take it in for repairs if I must, but I would like to see if anyone has any suggestions for the time being.

Reaction score
i had the same laptop sounds like i had a similar issue. from what i pinpointed mine down to was a bad DC converter and/or bad logic board
GOOD NEWS!
if it is dc converter easy cheap fix!
bad news
if its the logic board see good news 2
GOOD NEWS 2!
you got a reason to get a new macbook! and all your data is still safe on the old one!

Reaction score
What happened with this op? I think I have the same exact issue on my 15" macbook pro i5 mid-2010. I was wondering if bith of my ram modules had failed. Something you didn't mention was the front light just flashing non stop and the Computer constantly making a sound like it's trying to do something. I just scheduled an appt with the genius bar in the morning. Luckily it's still under one year warranty

Update: never mind. I just changed the charger and the computer is working again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.