Problems Installing xcode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
Hi All,

I have recently downgraded back to OSX 10.6.8. I have my reasons for not wanting to run Lion anymore at this time.

I am trying to install the xcode tools as I am learning some C programming and need the compiler.. I may progress to some actual xcode stuff in the future.

When ever I try to install xcode 3.. I get an error telling me to quit itunes and then it just hangs. Problem is I'm not running anything other than the installer.
I have tried many times now and same error every time. I even re-downloaded the installer and same problem continues.

I can't get xcode 4 from the app store as I'm not running Lion anymore. I tried and was refused.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
Ok I solved this one myself. Here's what I did in case anybody else run's into this problem... or something similar really.

I started my activity monitor (found in the utilities folder) and stopped a process called itunes helper. End of problem... installation of xcode was a sinch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.