Jumpy mouse scroll

Reaction score
Regardless of which brand and model mouse I use, when I use the scroll button the results are always poor. Page will scroll down only to flip to original place. Again, this has been over years with different Macs and different mouse's. Wired, wireless, Apple, Kensington, etc. etc.

I've tried all different settings on all the different hardware. Fast scroll, slow scroll, smooth scrolling, etc etc - still terrible scrolling!

After all this time I prompted to post. Is this true for everyone?

Has anyone actually found a mouse where the scroll wheel actually works as it should? I've given up and now I always just head for the scroll bar on the side of the window.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What Mac? What version of Mac OS? What are your hardware specifications? What applications are you running? Have you used Activity Monitor to track CPU/memory utilization?

OP
Reaction score
All my Macs for all time... All my software versions. Powermacs, MBP's, iMacs, OS 9, OSX. Panther, Leopard, Lion. PowerMacs, Intel Macs. My mouse scrolling has never worked smoothly and properly.

I'm just asking if mouse scrolling works for anyone?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I, for one, have never had an issue with my Mac Mini on Leopard/Snow Leopard..and my iMac with Snow Leopard/Lion..initially with a Microsoft mouse on the Mac Mini, then Magic Mouse on the iMac and now Magic Trackpad on iMac..

The scrolling has always been very smooth..especially so with the trackpad now..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.