Safari hijacked.

Reaction score
I can't use Safari anymore because a "customer survey" offering me a free iPad completely hijacked my browser. I got this bug by inadvertently visiting a website. I didn't even click on anything! I can force quit, of course, but every time I open Safari, the pop up window is still there and Safari is attempting me to take me back to this page: http://customer surveypanels.com/offer/vc1/indexc1.html?s1=vc9. I can't flush the cache because all those windows are greyed out. I haven't found any apps at work in finder. I finally removed Safari from my dock and just use google chrome. Any suggestions? These people are evil! Thanks for any help you can offer.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Usually, if you're fast enough, you can close that tab as soon as Safari launches before it has time to load the page.
I hate those scumbucket sites.

If you're using Lion you can try:
System Preferences - General - the 3rd section - take the check out of 'Restore windows when quitting....'

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.