Zero Installation Remote Screen Sharing

Reaction score
I enabled screen sharing and remote desktop
Forworded some ports (xyzt for example) to my macbook.
In my router enabled DDNS and got a dyndns user name. So my dynamic IP is like a static IP.

Now when I'm at work working on a PC, how can access my home macbook pro's screen without having to install any software to neither host macbook nor the pc I'm working on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Screen Sharing (VNC) runs on port 5900 but requires username and password. Most VNC clients will only ask to a password.

Real VNC can be downloaded on the PC as a stand alone executable that does not not need installation.

Configure the remote management system preference options to use VNC and specify password. Don't use screen sharing.

Be sure port 5900 is open outbound at work and inbound at home. Be sure your MacBook has a static LAN IP and that it does not go to sleep.

Use RealVNC at work to connect to you DynDNS name and provide the predetermined password from the remote management options.

Or you could just bring you laptop to work.

OP
R
Reaction score
Can't I share screen without any software? Just by enabeling it on the host machine and by knowing the host machine's ip adress?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Can't I share screen without any software? Just by enabeling it on the host machine and by knowing the host machine's ip adress?
You'd need a client. This, by definition is some software. So no.

OP
R
Reaction score
You'd need a client. This, by definition is some software. So no.

So, I do not need a host software because Mac OS or Win can do that if the port is forwarded, but I have to have a client software. Do I get it right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yep, the host software's built in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.