Would you buy a laptop like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know one of the big differences between pc and Mac is the price. I was wondering if Mac users would purchase a pc laptop running Mac os x. This is possible with a little work, and you can install it locally on the hard drive. It would be the same thing as a MacBook. Would you maybe buy this instead of a macbook considering the significant price drop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.40MHz, I5P, 8GBM, 500MBHD 7200
Apple Os without the apple hardware is without taste, without the apple full experience. I really recommend buying I used MacBook. The used ones are being sold for reasonable prices these days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I know one of the big differences between pc and Mac is the price. I was wondering if Mac users would purchase a pc laptop running Mac os x. This is possible with a little work, and you can install it locally on the hard drive. It would be the same thing as a MacBook. Would you maybe buy this instead of a macbook considering the significant price drop?

It's actually a violation of Apples EULA, thus not something that would even be discussed here. In addition to this, if you're selling them, there's a real likelihood Apple will seek damages in a civil manner.. and in the past, they've generally succeeded in defending their products.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Discussion of OSX86 or the Hackintosh (Installing OSX on non apple hardware) is prohibited here at Mac Forums and against the Forums Community Guidelines.

We follow USA law here at mac forums and OSX on Non Apple hardware is both against Apples EULA and DCMA as you do have to crack their protection to install it on a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.