Disk space showing as used...but it is not

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
I have a 20GB color screen iPod. I recently used it to transfer some files form one computer to another and now it shows that the disk space is still in use even though i have removed the file.

Is there a way to get that space back??

Thanks

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
HA, Never mind

I just emptied the trash because it was full and now everything is back to normal!!

Thank god, it was kinda scaring me. lol

S

sursuciofla

Yeah I learned that with my pen drive moving it around from OSX to Windows back and forth. It is like using the bathroom and not flushing the toilet and wondering why it still stinks.

J

Jonster

sursuciofla said:
Yeah I learned that with my pen drive moving it around from OSX to Windows back and forth. It is like using the bathroom and not flushing the toilet and wondering why it still stinks.

i was about to say the same thing. my cpu graphics class uses macs, but i have photoshop on my pc at home and not on my powerbook, so when i transfer stuff all the time, back and forth, it's just like you said. so i back it up and reformat it and the drive's good to go. haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.