Best keyboard for MBP desktop setup

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just ordered a 27" monitor that I'm planning to connect my Macbook Pro and use as my primary display at home. I already have the mighty mouse, but I'm in the market for a wired/wireless keyboard. I don't care if it's wireless or not, I just want to know what everyone's opinions are about the two.

I would just go with the apple bluetooth keyboard, but it doesn't have great reviews so I want to hear what you all use or would recommend.

I am looking to spend as little as possible to get a quality keyboard.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Welcome aboard Mac-Forums!

I've just bought a Logitech MK250 wireless keyboard/mouse combo. Cost: US$33.50.

Pluses: Lovely touch, mouse is good to use, no clunky feel when scrolling, easy click pressure, mouse has on-off switch.

Minuses: Only one Command (Win) key.

Ambivalent: a Function key must be used to adjust audio volume, and it's a two-hand operation.

Logitech is often recommended in Mac-Forums, and there's a large option range, depending on how much you want to spend of course.

OP
E
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mac-Forums!

I've just bought a Logitech MK250 wireless keyboard/mouse combo. Cost: US$33.50.

Pluses: Lovely touch, mouse is good to use, no clunky feel when scrolling, easy click pressure, mouse has on-off switch.

Minuses: Only one Command (Win) key.

Ambivalent: a Function key must be used to adjust audio volume, and it's a two-hand operation.

Logitech is often recommended in Mac-Forums, and there's a large option range, depending on how much you want to spend of course.

Thanks for the advice. I am looking at the macally icekey. Have you heard anything about those? I also like the new logitech solar powered keyboard, a little pricey though...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Logitech keyboards are nice and they usually work quite well as member hughvane stated. I don't have any experience with any of the Macally products but some of our members have used their keyboards with good results.

I personally recommend the Apple wireless keyboard. It works well and for $69 it's quite a bargain. It can also be use with an iPad if you happen to own one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I am in the market, so to speak, for an iMate ADB>USB adaptor for the simple reason that I wish to resume my very pleasant experience with an old Macally ADB keyboard! It is, or was, the best k/b I've ever used. Can't speak for the IceKey, other than what I see on Macally's webpage, but it seems a good price, it has USB inputs (a mixed blessing* with Mac laptops) - and is available in white!
* - be prepared to buy a powered USB hub, the MBookPro might let you down with too much demand on its USB ports.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.