The Mac file system has made me a FASTIDIOUS housekeeper!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
E-2011 MPB 13" i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.7.1 iPhone 4 iPod Classic 160 GB
Hi all! Pretty new here, and pretty new to Mac. I simply cannot over-emphasize how BLOWN AWAY I am! I am getting FAR more practical and work-related use out of this little workhorse than I ever did on a PC. Spilling beer on my Dell and moving up to this was DEFINITELY a good move. Maybe not spilling the beer, though. It was good beer. Now, when I play guitar and drink beer, the beer does not sit on the same table as my Mac, which I use for to display the song I am playing. Anyhow, on to my point:

The WONDERFUL filing system that Mac uses, MAKES me want to be organized in my filing. I tried, Miley knows I TRIED MAH BEST in Windows-land to stay organized, but it's just IMPOSSIBLE. Now, most things intuitively go to where they are "supposed to", and I get frustrate when they don't, so I host 'em on over there with the quickness! No stuff, EVER permanently left on my desktop. After I'm done working with it, it's to the trash or shuttled to it's appropriate folder. You shoulda seen the C-F that was my Windows directories. Now, I won't have it any other way. If I can't straight-up find what I need, once filed, in Finder, which is rare, a moment in Spotlight does the trick!

I am SO GLAD to own this wonderful machine!

However, i still hate iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And another happy user. Glad it has been as painless as possible for you.

Doesn't make me want to clean the house though ;)

Cheers

OP
GratefulMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
E-2011 MPB 13" i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.7.1 iPhone 4 iPod Classic 160 GB
And another happy user. Glad it has been as painless as possible for you.

Doesn't make me want to clean the house though ;)

Cheers

Well, I meant an OS file-storage housekeeper! ;)

Reaction score
You just have to get used to iTunes to love it. I cannot live without iTunes anymore, 10 years back it was different but once all my libraries were captured and fixed the way I wanted I have no problems using iTunes. Try some housekeeping within iTunes, most people don't like iTunes because of the other files that gets imported and compiled automatically.

Reaction score
With regards to the iTunes situation, just wait until you get Airplay up and running with your home stereo system, and the remote app for your iPod or iPhone. You'll be walking around the house controlling all your music and playing DJ at your parties. Very cool stuff!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.