Password won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A little while ago I downloaded the beta version of Lion which turned out to be total crap and slowed down my system, wouldn't let iTunes work, etc. So earlier today I downloaded 10.6 again and installed it onto an external drive to run the system on. I restarted the computer, held down the 'option' button, installed 10.6 completely, but now the password won't work on either of the accounts on the computer. I know I'm not getting the password wrong because in the password hint one of the accounts I literally put what the password is. Is there any way that the computer could be getting the password wrong, if so how can I fix it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OS X with the exception of Lion can not be legally downloaded. We do not allow discussions of any illegal activity in these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.