where to buy ssd

Reaction score
yeah i know i have read about a million times where people from the forums by new ram and hdds but i cant for the life of me find a post that tells me..

also if i buy a ssd now will it more than likely install into the new mbp i plan on buying at the next update.. i am also going to upgrade my ram but i know that isn't going to work because i have a mid 09 model right now but im going to purchase a 2012 model with a faster fsb. altho just wondering if i buy ram with faster fsb now will it work in my mac now? in pc's is just backs off to whatever the fsb of the chip is but i know know with macs.. i was going to sell this mac right now but where all i get is lowball offers i figure i will wait till the new model comes out and have some upgrades for it already when i get it.. im looking for a 512gb sad if anyone has recommendations. if the price was right i would go bigger..

so to recap im looking for 512gb sad, 8gb ram, lion dongle from apple for this bad boy..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OtherWorldComputing.com is your best bet for a "one stop shop".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You been looking in the wrong forums. Another + for OWC's Mercury Extreme.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The OWC SSD has consistently been rated at or near the top (within it's respective size classes) by pretty much all the major PC magazines.

I was very skeptical of these guys when I got my first Mac and was looking for associated hardware - was thinking they were sort of like Lacie - riding the Apple name to sell their overpriced hardware.

But they keep their prices pretty much in line. I typically cross check against newegg and amazon, and I've bought a lot of stuff from these guys now. For anyone not sure what they should buy, I no longer have any hesitation recommending OWC as a one stop shop for Mac owners and without worrying about getting raked over the coals price wise (just because it says Mac compatible).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.