Price?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
So I upgraded my MacBook Pro (2010) the other day and did a quoting price. According to Mac2Sell, it's worth jumped from 730 to 880 dollars. But the HDD I put in there is a Hybrid which means that it was 4 GB of Flash and the rest as SATA and then it stores my most used apps in the Flash. So there was no option for this new upgrade, because to my knowledge, Hybrids are a new thing. Would it affect the macs worth?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Usually folks check Mac2Sell because they're thinking of selling their computer (or just curious what it's worth)...and if that's the case...upgrading a computer before selling it is usually not a good financial decision

The value of your laptop went up by $150 bucks...but I'm guessing that you paid more than that for the upgrades...so hopefully you didn't expect your computers value to go up by the same amount as the upgrades cost.

Hybrid drives are really not that common...thus not an option on Mac2Sell. Mac2Sell also doesn't differentiate between:

- 5400rpm, 7200rpm, or 10,000 rpm hard drives
- matte or glossy display's in laptops
- multiple hard drives installed in Mac Pro's
- and other minor items

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
It only cost me 110 dollars for upgrades, and I am reselling my old parts. I upgraded for my own benefit, and I figured it'd help the selling price of it in the long line. I was just curious what it does price wise for my computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.