5th gen ipod "collector"?????

Reaction score
Is the 5th generation ipod video a classic or something cause I cant find a price listing anywhere on the net, are they rare? Could anyone please tell me what the going rate on one in fair condition would go for? Fair I mean typical scratches and dings, all in good working order.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is the 5th generation ipod video a classic or something cause I cant find a price listing anywhere on the net, are they rare? Could anyone please tell me what the going rate on one in fair condition would go for? Fair I mean typical scratches and dings, all in good working order.

First of all I highly doubt that a 5th generation iPod would be considered a "collector's item"...thus increasing it's value. If a 4th gen., 3rd gen., 2nd gen., etc. iPod isn't a "classic"...I doubt a 5th gen. would be a classic.

The first place I would check for values is e-bay. Not the highest or lowest values...but what "most" are selling for. Remember you have to wait for an auction to end to see what an item finally sells for. DON'T use "Buy It Now" prices...since they may never sell.

Here's another place to check:

Mac2Sell - Guide to used Mac, iPad, iPhone & iPod - Evaluation - Argus Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone Occasion

...it should give you a "ballpark" value.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The only reason I can think of is Hi-Fi enthusiasts like me preferred the Wolfson chip
instead of the Cirrus and rumor has it the iPhone 5 may go back to the Wolfson. And
then their is this. iMod for Apple iPod® - Red Wine Audio

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
ebay doesn't have any, any other suggestions than Mac2Sell^?

You have to keep looking on e-Bay...sometimes some items are not always available.

What's the matter with Mac2Sell...didn't like what it gave you?

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.