website html appleworks problems please help!

M

MrPencil

Ok, back when i used windows i was able to create great websites with only notepad and good old html. I would then upload the files to the server via cuteftp.

Now fast forward to me and my apple computer. I attempted to create the same html in appleworks and upload it the same way via cuteftp for mac, yet for some reason when i view source through safari 2 certain parts of the html code is removed and replaced with 0's

you can check the first page here http://home.comcast.net/~shkcc/

please help me as to why this is happening, and how i can fix this. Thanks

OP
C

ChicoWeb

Try recreating it in textedit. That's wierd. Are you uploading in ascii or binary?

MrPencil said:
Ok, back when i used windows i was able to create great websites with only notepad and good old html. I would then upload the files to the server via cuteftp.

Now fast forward to me and my apple computer. I attempted to create the same html in appleworks and upload it the same way via cuteftp for mac, yet for some reason when i view source through safari 2 certain parts of the html code is removed and replaced with 0's

you can check the first page here http://home.comcast.net/~shkcc/

please help me as to why this is happening, and how i can fix this. Thanks

OP
M

MrPencil

i dont know if i am uploading ascii or binary im using cuteftp. i switched to text edit and it just shows the html on the page not what it should. It actually shows what i typed in the index.html file, not what i want to show up, almost like vieweing source AS the webpage lol. I tried Textwrangler and it does the same thing as appleworks did

OP
M

MrPencil

ok, i just found out cuteftp is transferiing it in ascii, is that bad? if so can i change that?

OP
M

MrPencil

I tried textwrangler and it didnt work, then i i used the ftp that you mentioned (i didnt know about it) and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much. ^_^

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.