DVD Ripping Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4GHz i5 4GB... iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G
Hi All,

Before I get a barrage of 'scoldings' stating that I can't do what I'm wanting because of copyright infringements etc, I'm going on record to say that I have bought all of these DVD's and can provide receipts if required :)

Many years ago, I stupidly bought from Amazon.com (instead of Amazon.co.uk) and was delivered with a lovely complete boxset of my favourite TV show locked to Region 1. I have watched them once on a region free DVD player but no longer have that available (and I travel a lot with work so that's not ideal). I want to be able to put the TV series onto my MBP (April 2010) but I am running into problems.

I have tried different ripping software, Handbrake, VLC, MACTheRipper on MAC (all failed) and Handbrake, VLC and VOB2MPG (currently best attempt but picture is all scrambled) and will be trying a number of others on Windows XP. As I don't want to void the warranty on my MBP, I am refusing to flash the firmware of the DVD drive on my MPB. I don't want to waste the few 5 times I have at changing region settings either just in case I need it for Region 2 DVD's.

My questions are:
Is there an easy way to *watch* Region 1 movies on my MBP or
Is there a useful tool that I can use to rip Region 1 DVD to my MBP

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.