Caps lock

Reaction score
Hi, I switched to Mac a few months ago and am learning something new everyday. I have a MacBook Pro 15" . All of a sudden in the upper right of my screen when I hit the shift key an arrow pointing up appears. I believe it started shortly after I downloaded Lion. I tracked it to the modifier keys in the system folder in the keyboard folder. However no matter what I set it on it will not go away. I have tried to set to default, none etc and it still comes up on the screen. If I happen to hit it twice it locks the caps key. Am I in the wrong place? It is irritating and I see no use for it when there is a caps lock key on the keyboard. Any suggestions to get rid of this arrow.
Thanks,,,, memtenn60

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open your System Preference application and go to "Universal Access". Click on the keyboard tab. Make sure you have not selected "Sticky Keys".

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, that was it!!!! Thank you. I don't know when I did that. I will be checking the forum often. Lots of help and ideas I have found already just by scanning other questions.
That solved my problem,,,,, Thanks again
memtenn60

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.