How to reinstall the operating system ?

Reaction score
Hi ... I found this laptop with Mac OS X 10.4.11 Darwin 8.11.0 operating system which has someone else user name which I can load but I have no interest in using someone else account . So I'm curious if their is a beginner guide in how to reinstall the OS ? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
Maybe you should try and return the notebook to it's owner??

That's what I would do. Or better yet I would turn it over to the police who may have more sophisticated was to find the rightful owner. Most people don't leave their notebook lying around on purpose so I would assume it's wanted back.

OP
S
Reaction score
Maybe you should try and return the notebook to it's owner??

That's what I would do. Or better yet I would turn it over to the police who may have more sophisticated was to find the rightful owner. Most people don't leave their notebook lying around on purpose so I would assume it's wanted back.

Dude, the guy put it in the garbage. How would I know this because that what I do for a living . I'm a garbageman for my city .The funny part this is my second laptop I have found within the last 2 months ... The other one is an HP which I am typing this post with . Beside its not like this laptop is worth much and it needs a new battery ... Maybe the guy didn't want to buy a new battery for a older laptop , who knows why he did what he did .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
Dude, maybe if you explained that to begin with it wouldn't sound like it was an absconded notebook!
Worth of the notebook would have no bearing on anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
First, you need an OS installation disc. 10.4 is Tiger, which will be hard to find. It will probably run 10.5 Leopard, which still can be found (eBay, etc.) put it's pricey. Maybe it will run 10.6 Snow Leopard, but you really need to look in About this Mac and post the specs. (apple > About this Mac)

OP
S
Reaction score
First, you need an OS installation disc. 10.4 is Tiger, which will be hard to find. It will probably run 10.5 Leopard, which still can be found (eBay, etc.) put it's pricey. Maybe it will run 10.6 Snow Leopard, but you really need to look in About this Mac and post the specs. (apple > About this Mac)

Hi ... Thanks for your respond. Its a little hard finding the actual specs for this model but this is what its got below

PPLE 12" POWERBOOK G4 1GHz 60GB Airport Bluetooth

Brand: Apple
Model: PowerBook G4
Processor: Power PC G4
Installed Memory: 512
Display: 12
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.11 Darwin 8.11.0
Processor Speed: 1MHz
Bus Speed: 133 MHz
Display Size: 12
Hard Drive Capacity: 60
Installed RAM: 512

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a little short on RAM to run 10.5
You cannot run 10.6

OP
S
Reaction score
ok thanks , Is their some sore of guide that explain how to reinstall 10.4 Tiger ? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok thanks , Is their some sore of guide that explain how to reinstall 10.4 Tiger ? Thanks

No, you don't need a guide. Put in the disc and follow the prompts. If you buy a Tiger or Leopard disc off of someone on eBay, be sure you're getting the full retail version. It will be black, with graphics on it. The grey discs only install on the model of Mac they shipped with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.