• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

How the iPhone Crippled T-Mobile...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air '11
Yeah, the title explains everything. Tmobile will always have the customers who are the most price conscioius but they never have the gadget freaks that cling to the iPhone. Thats all that can really be said about the matter. And I'm really hoping that att and tmobile can't merge.

Reaction score
The Article said:
Without the iPhone, T-Mobile will look like a loser to both potential and existing customers.

I have an iPhone on AT&T for work, but both my personal lines are on T-Mobile, and am a very satisfied customer. I've been a T-Mobile customer for almost a decade and have zero -- yes, absolutely zero -- complaints about the company, its service, or its support. Unless AT&T gobbles up T-Mobile, I'll never switch. iPhone or not.

Tmobile will always have the customers who are the most price conscioius but they never have the gadget freaks that cling to the iPhone.

T-Mobile will work with any GSM Android device, so there's plenty of room for the gearheads. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
The only company I can say I had satisfying service with was through T-mobile. We have to deal with their weird mall shacks, but at least you get in and out quick. With verizon, they give you good service, but absolutely horrendous customer service, whether it be in store or through the phone. You better hope nothing goes wrong with your phone like it did with ours! I wouldn't mind going back to Tmobile, but they don't really have anything special(in terms of plans) for me to switch. If I were to switch to anyone from ATT, it would probably be Sprint...when the iphone comes out.

As for the Tmobile and iphone comment, there are a lot of people who come in with unlocked iphones on Tmobile plans. A LOT!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have to agree with you regarding Verizon. We have FIOS TV and Internet both of which are great, unlimited, and fast. That's the good. The bad is the customer service support if you need it. One of the problems with the FIOS system is if there is a power failure, you lose everything: phone, TV, and broadband. You're dead in the water. It takes about 4 to 5 hours for the system to recycle and come back up after power is restored. And trying to get a Verizon tech out to the house is like pulling teeth along with a week's wait.

Never had a problem with T-Mobile service though. We currently have 3 lines with them.

Reaction score
For everyone commenting on how great T-Mobile is, you do realize that AT&T is in the middle of acquiring them right? The only hold up seems to be the justice dept. and of course Sprint filing a lawsuit to oppose the merger. Odds are it will end up happening.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Justice Department is blocking it, not Sprint. See this LINK. My opinion is that it will not happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air '11
Yeah, I definitely cannot agree with that. I don't think odds are in favor of the acquisition. Tmobile is known for the prices they offer the average consumer more into the phone service rather than the phone. On the other hand ATT has the craziest rates and phones that are't too price conscious.
When the JD came in I thought captain america of corporate takeovers. ATT needs to sit down and realize that they hedged too steep, and when the deal is declined they are going to pay for it really hard...ever wonder why "mainstream" investors keep pushing for investments in ATT? I'll stay tuned....

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Have to agree with you regarding Verizon. We have FIOS TV and Internet both of which are great, unlimited, and fast. That's the good. The bad is the customer service support if you need it. One of the problems with the FIOS system is if there is a power failure, you lose everything: phone, TV, and broadband. You're dead in the water. It takes about 4 to 5 hours for the system to recycle and come back up after power is restored. And trying to get a Verizon tech out to the house is like pulling teeth along with a week's wait.

Never had a problem with T-Mobile service though. We currently have 3 lines with them.

Have to agree with you on the Verizon FIOS customer service... although dealing with Verizon Wireless is like dealing with a completely different company. I've been a customer for nearly 10 years and have never had anything but stellar service from them.

FIOS on the other hand (and all residential Verizon services) have absolutely some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. In fact, I can't wait for the 2 year contract to expire so that I can go back to Comcast as a new customer - believe it or not, I've had pretty good service from them (for the most part).

Interesting you should mention how long it takes for your FIOS service to come back up after a power failure. Our ONT has a 10-hour rated UPS. We've never had an extended power outage, but it's always come right back up after a brief outage.

Reaction score
The Justice Department is blocking it, not Sprint. See this LINK. My opinion is that it will not happen.

Which is exactly what I said, however Sprint filed a lawsuit opposing the merger as well in an effort to bolster the justice department's case for not allowing the merger to occur. But yes, it is the Justice Dept. that is actually blocking the merger at this point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.