Linksys WRT300N v1 Wireless Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I use a Linksys WRT300N v1 router to connect to the web wirelessly with my aluminum MacBook (running Snow Leopard 10.6.8). The router is on now and working fine with me connected via Ethernet cable. However, the wireless stopped working as of yesterday evening (Saturday, Sept. 3), even though it was working fine the same morning and I've never had a problem with it up until now. The wireless LED light is no longer on.

I use my wireless connection all the time with 3 devices -- my MacBook, my iPhone, and my LG Blu-Ray Smart TV -- as of last night I could not connect wirelessly with any of those devices.

I reset the router last night and set up my secured wireless network again from scratch -- it worked for maybe 5 minutes before stopping again. The wireless light in the router went off. My AirPort has not even been detecting my wireless network, as if it's not broadcasting (but I've already checked and broadcasting is enabled).

I've tried everything -- changing channels on the router, resetting the router several times, turning both the router and modem off and back on -- I've been trying desperately to find a solution for about 24 hours straight now, but nothing has worked. This is really putting a damper on my 4-day weekend, and all of these Ethernet cables are driving me nuts!!

Please help!! :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Perhaps your wireless router just died

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.