2011 Mac Mini Audio control not working

Reaction score
So, I'm using a brand new 2011 Mac Mini. I have it hooked up to my HDTV via HDMI and everything works fine, I just can't seem to control the audio using my keyboard that has built in volume control.

I've gone to System Preferences and then to sound to make sure the proper output was selected - I do want the audio to come out of the TV, but I just want to be able to control it with my keyboard.

I'm able to control the volume when I set the output to the built in Mini speakers, but that's not what I want.

Is there anything I can do?

Reaction score
re

The sound of MAC mini's Coming is digital ,so you can not control it on your keyboard.but you can control it on your tv.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
If your outputting to the TV via HDMI the volume control doesn't work. You have to use the TV's volume controls.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.