Windows VM help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 320gb 7200rpm HDD Snow Leopard
I am rebuilding a Macbook for my mom but she has a couple of windows programs she'll want to use. I have tried several different Parallels and Crossover as well as Virtual Box but have not used any in a while and last time I used Virtual Box it messed up my hard drive. I am wondering with the current version of the programs what is the best? I'd love to put VB on since it's free but not if it still screws up.

Here are before/after pics of the Macbook
tumblr_lqxmddd3jD1qjna7no1_1280.jpg

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I've used VB for as long as I can remember and it's worked like a charm every time I've used it. When was the last time you used it?

OP
bassguy86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 320gb 7200rpm HDD Snow Leopard
I've used VB for as long as I can remember and it's worked like a charm every time I've used it. When was the last time you used it?

I used it a little over 1 year ago. It worked fine for about a week and I booted up to this:
MacCrash.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.