New to Mac- Mysterious key

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
Hi i've got a new powerbook G4 and wanted to know what is the key that has an arrow facing up with a line on top of the arrow. It's located next to the apple command key on the right hand side and the left (home) key.

Also can anyone tell me what it is used for as well I know it works as an enter key but what else.

Cheers

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry its in the wrong forum should be in powerbook. :-(

L

lil

It's there as an enter key for the numeric keypad, at least that is what I have always believed and I have used Macs for about 10 years now. That said my only Macintosh laptop before this was a 180C...

Vicky :flower:

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cheers for that.

PS Macs are the best ;-)

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mysterious Key- Part 2

Showing my inexperience but on the apple tab in the top left it has Force Quit and it has alt, command and 'some other key' . Does anyone know where this other key is I think it may be the power button on my PB. Can anyone shed some light.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
randomfactor said:
Showing my inexperience but on the apple tab in the top left it has Force Quit and it has alt, command and 'some other key' . Does anyone know where this other key is I think it may be the power button on my PB. Can anyone shed some light.

command(apple)+Option+Esc=Force quit :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.