• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Employees, With Police Along, Search Home for ‘Lost Item’ Q

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Another "Prototype" iPhone turns up missing. Where have we heard this before?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This story is a little sketchy. I'll reserve judgment until what actually occurred becomes more clear because as it is now, it seems as if everyone is confused about what really happened.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
This story is a little sketchy. I'll reserve judgment until what actually occurred becomes more clear because as it is now, it seems as if everyone is confused about what really happened.

I have to agree. First it happened, then it didn't, now it happened again - but this time, it was with Apple employees that allegedly impersonated police (but were accompanied by SFPD police that there were no official record of).

This story is just all over the place, but no one has produced a shred of evidence, other than the anecdotal stories.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I found it interesting that the Police did not enter the residence in question, just the Apple employees. Sounds like no actual search warranty was issued and that the resident allowed Apples folks to enter willfully. Yeah, like they were going to find anything there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Another lost iPhone...hmmm...how ironic. How in the world do you lose a prototype twice? I've never lost a phone in my life, let alone one that would me of such critical importance! I'm not buying this for a sec.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
It's gotta cheese Apple off that this story doesn't really have very long legs with the mainstream media. No one really cares where Waldo is this time, wasted crisis, etc...

Reaction score
If you haven't seen it, Conan did a fantastic "fake" Apple commercial about the lost iPhone prototype. It was on the front page of cnn.com this morning but I'm sure you can find it by searching.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.