X11 problem

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been using X11 to run Gimp and a few other programs for a while, and recently it stopped working.
The app I would try to use would bounce once and then immediately close. So I tried re-downloading X11 off the internet, whch resulted in a worse problem - X11 would open and immediately close, only to try and open again 30 seconds later.

So I decided that my internet downloaded one probably wasn't the best, and reinstalled X11 from the disc, but I still have the same error of applications immediately closing.

Any ideas?

My mac is running version 10.5.8 and the installation disc is the standard leopard installation disc, the one that came with the mac.

OP
J
Reaction score
Edit: I recently found out the "X11" application was "XQuartz". I'm unsure exactly what it is, or how it's different to X11, but yeah, I downloaded it, and replaced the existing X11 with it.

I'm pretty sure the problem is something to do with the applications communicating with X11, and opening it, as currently they don't and just kinda give up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.